Vessel Monitoring Systems
VMS is a universal term referring to systems used in commercial fishing in order to allow the environmental and fisheries regulatory organizations to track plus monitor the activities of fishing vessels, being a key part of monitoring, control and surveillance (MCS) programs at national and international levels. Nevertheless, VMS may be used to monitor vessels in the territorial waters of a country or a subdivision of a country, or in the Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ) with a capacity extending to 200 nautical miles (370.4 km) from the coasts of many countries.
Why VMS is required?
- Drug or migrant Interdiction
- Supports to Navigation & Border Crossing
- Law Enforcement
Regulations / Visibility
- International Treaties
- Marine Environmental Protection
- Prohibited Area Monitoring
- Search & Rescue
- Weather Warnings & SOS Calls
- Marine Safety
Assetlink Asia provides its clients with top notch VMS monitoring equipment comprising of self-sustaining features allowing competitive advantage with easy installation and independent of any external power source. The gadget is equipped with its own built-in solar power supply including an internal battery eliminating any chance of system or power failure with reduced costs on installation.
- Self-Powered Unit – No dependency on boats battery.
- Global Positioning – Location through positioning satellite.
- Two Way Communication – Boat to base and base to boat, alert communication.
- Water Proof – IP Rated
- Geo Fence – Real time indication of boundary breach
- User friendly – Fisherman can operate equipment without difficulty
- Scalable Software – Monitoring portal can be upgraded for required changes
- The Trip – Allowing a detailed movement of each boat that is recorded and can be downloaded from the monitoring portal. Programed to respond on specified intervals with 100% accuracy
- Panic Alert – The Panic Alert Button when pressed by the on boat crew is indicated by a blue color flag on the monitoring portal and an email is immediately generated to all concern recipients.